Situated in Taejongdae Park, Yeongdo-gu, Busan-si, the Yeongdo Lighthouse was established in December 1906 and provided a guiding beacon of light to ships around Busan Port for over 100 years. The old lighthouse was replaced with a new one in 2004 and facilities were developed, making the site a maritime tourist attraction.
The newly established site (720㎡) consists of a lighthouse, an art gallery, and a gallery of natural history. The white cylinder-shaped lighthouse is 35 meters high and its beam can be seen for about 40 kilometers. On Sinseon Bawi Rock next to the lighthouse, a dinosaur footprint was discovered that is presumed to date back to the Cretaceous Period. The footprint, along with other artifacts, is on display at the natural history gallery.
How To Go There:
Seomyeon Station (Busan Subway Line 1,2), Exit 11.
Go straight for 240m to arrive at the bus stop.
Take Bus 88 and get off the last stop (Taejongdae Chagoji).
From Busan Station, take Bus 88 or 101.
Get off at the last stop (Taejongdae Chagoji).